Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

Valentine's Day Bargains

I bought 4 gorgeous dark grey raw silk cushion covers from the Marks & Spencer Outlet some time ago. I could not believe the price at £2.50 each as they are covered with elegant silver bugle beads. I had bought them for on our bed to pick out the colour of the grey suede rag rug that we have at the end of the bed.







The problem I had was trying to find four cushion pads for putting inside them. You would think that this would be easy but I was struggling to find some at a price that I was happy paying. So I was delighted when I called into Tesco on my way home from work last night, to find a shelf of Valentine's Day cushions reduced to £1.50 each. They had been reduced from £6 each and they have zipped removable covers so I bought 5 of them at £7.50 in total. Four of them are for putting inside my silk cushion covers and one is for next Valentine's Day as they are lovely cushions in their own right. I thought I would have one of these on the bed next February 14th as a Valentine theme.




We have also been planning on finishing decorating our bedroom which has been around 75% complete for as long as I can remember. The issue has been finding the right shade of grey for the wall behind our bed. After some searching we have settled on a Farrow and Ball colour called Pavilion Gray. We think this not too dark, matches our rug and has that chalky finish that we wanted.


Again I was unhappy paying £38+ for a tin and last weekend I got a flyer through the post for Homebase who had a 15% off event. I went early last Saturday morning and bought a tin saving myself around £5 and using a voucher I had received through the post I got triple Nectar points for my card. It looks like we may very well now be on track to finishing our bedroom.


No comments: