Pages

Friday 20 May 2016

Porthmadog Carboot Sale

Whenever we go away for the weekend we always keep an eye open for any local carboot sales. As we often return to the same places for our weekends away, we now know where and when the sales are held. So on last Sunday morning when we were staying get in Abersoch, we travelled over to Porthmadog to visit the carboot sale held at the local football/rugby club. 

This is usually a very small sale compared to our local Cheshire carboot sale, but last Sunday because the weather was so fabulous, there were double the usual amount of sellers so we managed to find a few more items than usual.

I bought two Cath Kidston purses from one lady, both of which had been used but are in excellent condition. I paid £5 for both of them together. The first one is this Thorp flowers wallet/purse and the second is a Little Red Spot wallet. Looking at the prices on line I reckon these would have cost around £28 each new so I am happy with the price I paid.








I bought quite a few toiletries from another lady. Three travel sized L'Occitane Verbena products - 2 shower gels and body lotion. I love the scent of Verbena as it is citrusy and fresh and always makes me feel squeaky clean. These would have cost around £7 from new. I also bought 3 travel sized Soap & Glory products - two body butters and a hand cream. These usually cost £2.50 each. I also bought an Avon Planet Spa full sized body scrub. All of these were 25p each.





I found this darling tea cosy which has been beautifully hand-made. It has some machine and hand embroidery on it. I have a tea cosy already but it is too thin and a little too tight for my teapot. This one is large and very insulating. It cost me the grand total of 20p.



We bought dozens of DVDs. Some box sets and individual ones. They cost between 50p and £1 for the singles and £2 - £3 for the box sets. These should keep us out of mischief for some time and fill our evenings when the TV programming is forgettable. Being an early riser I sometimes watch a film in the morning too. Usually when I am dealing with my emails or doing some ironing.




I'm so pleased that I have managed to get back on track with my Blog Every Day in May challenge. Follow all the BEDM bloggers on Twitter # BEDM.


No comments: