Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

Oh Dear! More Sales Hauls

Happy New Year and Welcome 2017!

I decided that I had bought enough in the sales and didn't need anything else...... and then we went shopping again. This time I bought a fabulous cardigan coat in a two tone red and burgundy colour. Now this is something I would not have thought of buying at all if I had seen it on-line but in the shop I loved the heavy feel of the material. I think having some colour makes for a more youthful look too. I think this will look great with skinny jeans during the months when it is not warm enough to go without a jacket but not cold enough to wear a coat. This cost £19.


I also bought three black tops which are just those wardrobe basics that can be worn at any time of the year and on any occasion. A round neck t shirt style, one with a zip at the neck and a camisole style one. The two t shirt style tops were £5 each and the camisole top was £3. There were three of these tops on the rail; one priced at £6, one priced at £5 and the one I bought priced at £3 - clearly random pricing was going on by the staff.




I found a linen skirt for the summer at just £4. I have this design of skirt already in a couple of different patterns and colours and love how versatile it is for on holiday. I liked the stone colour and thought it would look great with tanned legs. No photo as I have already stored it away in my summer clothes bag.

I also bought two beautifully embroidered pillow cases which are white with a grey stitched embroidery design on them. Now these are square pillow cases for my large square pillows which just sit on top of my bed and are really just decorative rather than for using as a pillow. They should look lovely when I am using my white bed linen in the summer. These were £7 for the pair.



Although I swore I would not buy any Christmas cards or wrapping paper, I could not resist the offer of 5 rolls for £2.50. There were various designs and lengths of roll so I went for the longest rolls at 3 metres and picked out different designs.


I had also called into Waitrose for a few essentials and ended up buying four rolls of ribbons for 25p each and four lots of lovely grey and white twine for 20p.




David wanted to go shopping into Manchester on bank holiday Monday but I told him I didn't need anything else and would rather stay at home getting the house straight after our final guest (my mum)  left early in the morning. He agreed and so we spent the day pottering around at home and enjoying every minute of it.

It was back at work last Tuesday (although I had worked in between Christmas & New Year) and nearly back to routine normality.


No comments: