Pages

Sunday 19 March 2017

Freebies

This week I have done exceptionally well for freebies. I usually get at least one freebie in the post each week and these benerally come via the Magic Freebies website. This week I received two perfume samples in the post. The first was an Yves St Laurent sample of Black Opium and the second was a Guerlain sample of Mon Guerlain. I pop these into my weekend toiletry bag for when we have weekend breaks away and then I don't have to carry bottles of perfume.



On this note does anyone else always have a ready packed holiday toiletry bag and a weekend away toiletry bag? I don't know when I got into this habit, but in the cupboard in my bedroom I always have two bags packed ready for just picking up and putting into my suitcase. When I get back from my holiday I take out any products that are nearly empty and put them in the bathroom for finishing off and then make sure I replace them in my toiletry bag. I suppose it is one less thing to think about when packing. 

In addition I also have two other bags that I keep ready for when we are going on a beach holiday. One contains all the things I will need for by the swimming pool - suntan cream, lip balm, facial suntan cream, hair brush, hair bobbles to tie up my hair etc. The other one contains my make-up - bronzer, eyeshadow palette, mini mascara, lipstick etc. These are usually sample sizes too so that they are lighter to carry and take up less space.

My other freebies were from our stay at Portmeirion. They always provide one of my favourite brands of toiletries which is L'Occitane and it is in my favourite fragrance which is Verbena. They provide travel size bottles of shower gel, body lotion and shampoo plus two soaps. the soaps are 25g.  The 75g soaps sell for £5 so mine are worth £1.67 each so £3.34 for the two. The bottles are 30ml each and are £5.75 for 70ml so mine are worth £2.46 each so £7.38 for the three. A total of £10.72 for the set and as we stayed two nights I collected two sets so I have £21.44 worth of free toiletries. I reckon you can tell I'm a little bit mad about costs from those calculations. I'm the same in a supermarket working out the gets deals.





I also took away some of the complementary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugars from the room. They also provided packs of home made shortbread, most of which scoffed pretty quickly with cups of coffee but I managed to save three packs. At breakfast I took some of our partially used jars of honey and spreads as they would have probably thrown them away and I just love the cute little jars that they come in.


That is just about it for the freebies so not a bad week this week.

No comments: