Pages

Sunday 23 April 2017

Carbooting Again (Mega Haul)

It was lovely to wake up Saturday morning to sunshine and a check of the weather forecast showed the same for Sunday so yippee!! for going carbooting. The anticipation is too much sometimes. David said carbooting on a Sunday is now the highlight of his week since he retired.

We were up early as usual and at the field before 7.30am. David had such a disappointing day having bought just two items. I on the other hand had a brilliant morning and feel that I came home with a mega haul. I bought some envelopes and plastic postage bags for posting out my eBay sales but haven't taken pcictures of these as they are boring.

Here are the rest of my purchases:

A large set of Champneys health spa toiletries. I love these as they all smell divine. I was looking at a similar set on the Boots site the other day as it was half price at £25 but could not justify the cost. This one is on offer on the Boots website at £16 but is out of stock. It contents are worth £57. This cost me just £9 and I had bought from this lady last year so we got chatting. She then produced this original black leather Mulberry toiletry bag for just £4. Woohoo!! I love Mulberry and this is authentic. Sold! She then threw in a jar of her home made lemon curd (which I have bought from her before) for free. Result.








I bought two pairs of Gabor shoes (complete with their boxes priced at £65 and £55 for £2 and £1. I also bought a pair of Gabor boots from the same lady at £1.50. Brilliant buys at £4.50 for all three pairs and hardly worn, well looked after shoes.





A pair of KSwiss trainers for £2. I've not heard of this brand before but they looked nearly new and I love trainers for pottering around in. They need a clean but the laces look new and don't need washing. When I got home I had a look on line and the brand sell between £35 and £105 a pair so £2 is a good price.


A red Louis Vuitton style purse which is new and unused for £2.


A pair of Chanel glasses frames with case for £1. I save these to have my own prescription lenses put in them. I may go for prescription sunglasses in the frames.


A pair of Gucci sunglasses for £10. A bit more than I would have liked to have paid but they are genuine and I like them a lot so I paid £10.


A decent sized black DKNY tote bag for £3.


Volume 2 of Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries - a massive book for just £1. This originally was priced at £30 and has never been used (or even opened by the look of it).


A hard back copy of a Bill Bryson book that I haven't read yet. The seller said he belly laughed while reading it so I look forward to enjoying reading this. I love his books on the UK - the best out of all his books.


The "hamper man" was on again this week. He has an on-line hamper business and was selling off his stock. I bought some chocolates from him last week. I bought some more this week - two boxes of truffles and two tins of pralines. I also bought two boxes of fancy teabags and a tin of teabags. These cost me £7 in total at £1 an item.




I also bought a jar of banoffee curd for 50p. This is best before November 2018. These normally cost £2.80 a jar. I've never seen this flavour before and think it would be lovely swirled in plain yoghurt.



Three new Boots No7 cosmetics: a full size blusher in my favourite colour, Honey for £2 (costs £9) an eye shadow in another of my favourite colours, Wheatsheaf for 75p (costs £7) and Protect & Perfect Lipcare 10ml for 75p (costs £10). I use this every day.





Six travel sized bottles of REN toiletries: 2 shampoos, 2 conditioners, a body wash and body lotion for £1.50. From the same lady I bought a Bulgari soap and Lenny Deighton nail varnish for 25p each.



A large Yankee Candle jar with Christmas Garland scent for £10. These cost £23.99 normally. I'll put this away until this Christmas. It smells fresh and clean with a little spicy pine needle hit.


A Partylite glass tealight holder for £2. I was delighted to find this as I bought two of these a year or so ago and sadly one just cracked with the heat of a votive I was burning in it. I was so sad to see that it was cracked and every time I lit a candle in it the crack became even more noticeable with the glow. I can bin this cracked one now and use this new one instead.


A Bomb Cosmetics candle in a tin in Blissful Rest - float on for 50p. This smells gorgeous and would normally cost £7.99. Bargain.



A Habitat VIP range - Manola Blahnik shoe horn. Now I love these and most people would have one but not me. I have four now and have them displayed in pairs just like a pair of shoes. I paid £8 for this.



A Revlon travel toiletry bag. I have one of these already which is now version 2. Version one got a little worn and rather than throw it away, my sister has it now. If I ever see these I have to buy one and then store it until my current one wears out. I like the hanging hook, the zipped pockets and net section for bits and bobs on holidays. I can never find one I like as much as this so keep replacing them with the same.



A Mason Cash wooden spoon for just 50p.


A Jelly Belly jelly bean machine for 50p. When I got it home it had 14p inside it so I suppose it cost me 36p. I just like this so had to have it for 50p (36p).


Fourteen magazines all from 2016 for £3. Lancashire & North West magazine and Homes & Gardens.


My usual selection of DVDs at 3 for £1 for some and 50p for the boxed sets.



No comments: