Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Carbooty Finds

I was awake at 4am Sunday morning feeling ill. I had the most awful stomach cramps and my joints ached. I was feeling sorry for myself but I still felt compelled to go to the Cheshire carboot sale as the weather was good and the sun was shining. When we got home I had to go back to bed for a few hours missed sleep. Such a shame to feel ill on a weekend and it felt like I had wasted most of the day.

So on to my finds....

There was a seller in a car which must have cost a small fortune. He was selling some expensive brands and David bought a large Musto sailing bag with two additional smaller Musto bags for £3. I bought a genuine Louis Vuitton messenger bag from him £20. I assumed it was a fake and he said not. I checked it over carefully and it is clearly well made and a quality item. It came with an LV dust bag too and I reckon that it is genuine. I tried haggling on the price but he was not for reducing his price at all as he said it had cost a lot. It's a great cross body Citadin messenger bag and I like that it is in a buff colour rather than black or brown. Sold.




I found a fabulous Starbucks stainless steel travel mug with a brilliant vacuum seal on the lid. It looked as new. The seller only wanted 20p. This will be great for work and for a drink in the car when I am stuck in the usual nasty traffic to and from the office. I reckon I will use it in the office too because I am always getting distracted and then find I have a half cup of lukewarm tea or coffee left to drink. At least this will keep my drinks warm.

A lovely Le Creuset stoneware utensil holder (also "as new") in the blue colour that matches my pans for 50p. These currently cost £32 so I reckon I have found a bargain.




I bought some wax melts for 50p each - five in total. They are made by a brand called Imperial Candles and come in various scents. There were three Christmas scents and a couple of others in Mango Peach and Rainbow Sorbet. These are £1.99 each on line. The brand sells candles too which contain a piece of jewellery hidden in each candle worth between £10 and £1,000 each. I've never heard of them before or the novelty jewellery concept. They smell heavenly anyway.





My usual selection of toiletries. These included 6 items for £3 (50p each) from the man I bought the LV bag from. There was a large 125ml bottle of Elemis Jasmine & Rose bath milk and a tube of hand & nail cream. Both are still sealed with a foil cover over their opening. The bath milk normally costs £43 for 400ml so I've calculated my 125ml bottle would cost £13.43. The handcream normally costs £19 for 100ml so I've calculated my 20ml tube would cost £3.80.




Two weekend away 50ml travel sized bottles of Molton Brown Gingerly body wash. They both smell gorgeous.


Two 30ml bottles of L'Occitane facial toner with spray spritzing nozzle. These are part of the Immortelle facial range of skincare which I have used before and like very much.


A double pack of Champneys "a little pick me up" Citrus Blush Enlivening shower cream & body lotion for £1 for both. These normally cost £3 each but are on offer at 3 for the price of 2 so £2 each with a total of £4 for both tubes. I made a £3 saving.



I bought a couple of hand made Lavender items - a bath bomb and a soap for 30p each.


Now I love Avon Sleeptherapy pillow and linen mist. I can no longer buy this as it has changed and is part of their Planet Spa range and slightly different. I've been looking for some on carboot sales all last year without success. Well they were like buses on the carboot sale (you wait for ages and nothing turns up and then three arrive at the same time) and I managed to buy 3 bottles from two different sellers for a total of £1.80.


On the Avon front I bought a couple of other items at 50p each. A Strawberries & Cream bath gel and a Neroli & Olive shower gel with the name of Calming Tuscany (who thinks of these names?). I've looked on line and these are normally just a couple of £ each so no great savings but they're good for everyday use.


I bought a couple of decoupage card kits thinking they were for making just one big card but on closer inspection at home I realised they make 5 cards each. These cost just 50p each so no great loss and they are now destined for selling on eBay.


I bought lots of DVDs including a number of box sets for between 30p and 50p each. Cheap entertainment if you ask me. In particular I am looking forward to watching Homeland series 1 to 3 and the full set of The Darling Buds of May. I loved the Darling Buds series when it was originally on TV as it was such a gentle series to watch.



Well this were this week's buys. Mostly hits with one fail with the cards. 

No comments: